Bioinformatics Scientist – San Diego, CA/Remote
Abterra Biosciences is seeking a bioinformatics scientist to join our multidisciplinary team developing the next generation of antibody therapeutics. The ideal candidate is passionate about applying novel algorithms and machine learning methods to unlock the natural human immune response to disease. The position will work within the bioinformatics team, but also liaise closely with bench scientists performing next generation sequencing and mass spectrometry workflows.
- Develop and implement novel algorithms to support our antibody discovery, sequencing, and repertoire analysis.
- Work closely with molecular biologists and protein chemists to improve existing and develop novel methods.
- Perform analysis of internal, public, and collaborator datasets and provide recommendations.
- Stay up to date on relevant literature in antibody repertoire analysis, antibody discovery, and related areas.
- Communicate methods and results in presentations, publications, and posters.
- Contribute to our intellectual property portfolio.
- PhD in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field.
- Strong background in statistics and algorithm development.
- Experience in software development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing of repertoires data.
- Experience building and utilizing machine learning models.
- Experience in software development using Java.
- Competitive health and dental plans
- Employer retirement plan
- Flexible vacation
- On-site gym access
See yourself at Abterra Bio?
Email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!