Scientist, Protein Purification – San Diego, CA
Abterra Biosciences is seeking a protein purification specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in affnity purification, antibody purification, and antibody production. This role would work closely with our mass spectrometry and bioinformatics teams to develop novel protocols to identify therapeutic antibodies directly from the natural immune response.
- Develop purification methods and perform affinity purification of antibodies from matrices such as serum and cerebral spinal fluid.
- Perform antibody purifications from serum to isolate specific isotypes or populations.
- Perform transient production of monoclonal antibodies and single domain antibodies (VHHs).
- Characterize biophysical properties of antibodies including affinity.
- Communicate methods and results in presentations, publications, and posters.
- Contribute to our intellectual property portfolio.
- MS or PhD in biochemistry, protein chemistry, or related field, with 2-4 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in biochemistry and protein purification methods.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in peptide mass spectrometry sample prep.
- Experience with antibody production in mammalian systems
- Competitive health and dental plans
- Employer retirement plan
- Flexible vacation
- On-site gym access
See yourself at Abterra Bio?
Email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!